What We Believe
OUR CORE VALUES
God is supreme.
Preaching is the means by which God chose to present His message of salvation to the world.
Worship is all about God and not about us.
Prayer is the activity by which forgiven man communicates with God who is righteous for the purpose of knowing His will.
The Bible is God's authoritative Word for our lives.
The Christian Life is lived out within a community of like believers and encouragers.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
What we believe about the Bible
- The Bible is the Word of God. (1 Corinthians 2:7-14; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- God is the creator of this world and the universe (Genesis 1:1 - 2:25; John 1:1-4).
- God exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; John 14:16-26).
- God sent Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners. (Isaiah 53:1-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 1:3-6).
What We Believe About Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man.
- He lived a sinless life.
- He revealed the mind of God.
- He was crucified, died as the penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead.
- He is head of the church and stands as our advocate.
- He is coming again.
(Philippians 2:5-8; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Peter 2:21-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:18-23; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; John 14:1-6)
What we believe about salvation
- Man's relationship with God has been broken by sin.
- We can be restored to a relationship with God only through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- This restored relationship is based on God's grace, not our efforts.
- God invites us to accept His gift of grace through faith in and an obedience to Jesus Christ.
- Visible response of our faith in Jesus Christ are a repentant life and Biblical baptism.
(John 3:1-21; Acts 2:37-39, 8:26-39, 10:1-48, 16:11-34, 22:2-16; Romans 3:21-31, 5:6-11, 6:1-23; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 15:1-58; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:11-14, 10:10-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:8-10)
What we believe about life
- The Holy Spirit lives in the life of the Christian (John 16:8-11, 13-15; Acts 2:38, 5:3-4; Romans 8 and 9).
- The Christian is enabled to grow in spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:9-12, 3:12-17).
- At death, the Christian's spirit departs to be with Jesus Christ and live forever in the presence of God (Luke 16:19-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:1-58).