Moms In Prayer
Moms in Prayer - meets at Boones Creek Christian Church
Thursday mornings (2 groups) 7:00 am to 7:40 am and again at 9:00 to 10:00 am (following the Washington County School System schedule) in room 105, entrance B.
MOMS IN PRAYER INTERNATIONAL IMPACTS CHILDREN AND SCHOOLS WORLDWIDE FOR CHRIST BY GATHERING MOTHERS TO PRAY.
Moms in Prayer:
- Desires to be a supportive partner, building up the Body of Christ through prayer.Moms in Prayer comes alongside the church to promote both personal and corporate prayer.
- Teaches women how to pray corporately by using four biblical prayer principles called the Four Steps of Prayer: Praise, silent Confession, Thanksgiving, and Intercession.
- Strengthens the children's ministry, youth programs, and other church ministries.As women from the church become involved in Moms in Prayer group, the result will be children being prayed for in the church. The prayer format may be incorporated into other church prayer groups, such as wives praying for husbands, couples praying together, or groups praying for the church, minister, and staff.
- Teaches out to moms of all ages, ethnicity, and backgrounds. The heart of a mom beats the same for her children worldwide. The Four Steps of Prayer format is effective across the world in uniting moms of every culture.
- Gives hope and provides peace as they cast their cares upon the Lord. Rather than worrying or fretting over what their children are doing, moms are learning to bring their children to the One who can do the impossible, turning their fears to faith as they pray the Scripture for their child(ren). As they gather together to pray, it brings encouragement and
to weary, stressed and anxious mothers. hope
- Provides a safe, loving environment where women share their burdens. Moms in Prayer is a lifeline of support and community for moms and grandmothers. The unity that develops as well as their learning to rely on God through corporate prayer quickly replaces isolation and loneliness. A deep level of trust and intimacy is formed as prayers are kept in strict confidence.
- Impacts the community by praying for the local schools. Praying for children and schools in the community has a powerful influence that reverberates throughout the city and state.
"Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord, lift up your hands toward HIm for the lives of your children, who faint from hunger at the head of every street." Lam.2:19